Friday, July 30, 2010

International Hip Hop Festival & Holland

I can't believe a week and a half has already passed since I got back from The Netherlands. I feel like it's actually taken that long to let the whole experience soak in. From start to finish, it was amazing. I'll never forget all the dope heads we met, the places we saw, the conversations we had. Every time I'm in a foreign country, I'm torn between 2 ways of experiencing it. #1 being as a Photographer - shooting non-stop and coming home with hundreds, sometimes thousands, of visuals to show my family and friends. #2 is the senses-all-in way. By this I mean, not looking at anything through a lens but only through my eyes and really, really soaking everything in.


On this particular trip, I was able to find a perfect balance. I came back to Toronto with some incredible memories - a lot of those really laugh-able ones. You know, when you're sitting on the subway or walking down the street and you get your L-O-L game up, just thinking about a particular conversation or something that happened. Mad shout-outs to my travel sisters, Lori and JenJen. xo


Let's get to the goods though, right? I've posted 102 shots in a public Facebook album that you are more than welcome to check out. These are some of my personal trip highlights. Everything from the food we ate to the ill fiends we rolled with.

Recommended listening: Jazzy Ivy, the Korean emcee/producer who hosted the World BBoy Classic.


Much love,
L

No comments: