Monday, January 4, 2010

From the Mailbag...

Hi all,
I regularly get emails from first time visitors on FSF. They always remind me not to take for granted the amazing community that girls and women have built here, and what it means when new members find us! This is why we're here.... Happy New Year!

"Hi, my name is Brea and I would like to be interviewed or contribute to your website in some fashion. I am asking this because I am a 13 year old sneakerhead and it seems like every time I talk to my friends about sneakers that I want or that are releasing, I feel like I am speaking a foreign language to them. I just want to talk to another female sneakerhead that I can relate to. All the girls at my school wear all those flats and stuff and I feel like a misfit. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, but I can't be the only one or are there really more important things that a teenager worries about? Boys are interesting for only so long. Why waste my time on them when there's a new shoe that I could be reading up about? Plus, they're all the same at this age, so I really don't care about any of them. Look, all I want is to talk to someone I can relate to and I think this would be the perfect opportunity to talk to another lady in the game. I know my kick collection isn't packing too much heat, but my shoes mean everything to me and every single sneaker I have has a story behind it. Thank you for your time and thank you for reading this. I hope I get to talk to you soon!"

We got you Brea! Hang in there!

No comments: