Friday, July 11, 2008

Sneakart! Check out the magic of sneakskin...

I've always had more of an eye than a talent for customizing. I've tried here and there, but the difference between what I imagined and what came out was always disappointing. (Maybe that's part of my extreme respect for successful customizers!) In any case, for others like me, we have a new option! Sneakart looks cool as hell. It is a high tech version of stickers for your sneakers. This sneaker-friendly film makes you look either like you just bought a brand new set of kicks that everyone's gonna be breaking necks for, or like you're an amazing artist. Not bad! Check out some examples from the site:







The "sneakskin" comes in pattern sheets as well as pre-cut stickers, which you can combine as you like. In addition, you can create your own images, and have them printed on sneakskin, and even get royalties if you want to have others on the site able to buy them! And then, just cuz this is the 21st century, the site also comes with a very useful forum for folks to share ideas and solutions (like how to avoid wrinkles on toe boxes), and a way for you to rank other members' examples. Have fun! I'll post again once I've tried it myself.
www.sneakart.com
P.S. Also cool:
Site is co-founded and run by a woman.
Part of their mission is to have folks rejuvenate their kicks instead of always buying new ones. Saving cows, earth's resources and all that.

No comments: