Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Misfit AKA Misfit Dior


Misfit was brought to all of our attention when she had a breif stint on VH!'s The White Rapper show, but she has been making music since long before that. She lives actually down the street from me and i always see her pass and she always has on kicks. I ran in to her at a party and she agreed to let us in on her kick obsession, and what we can expect to hear from her in the near future. Thanks MIsfit!!! Check her out at on my space.
Where are you originally from in England?
I was born in the South, a city named Brighton, then moved an hour away to London...
Alltho I also spent time living in Ibiza (Baleric island near Spain!)

When did you get your first kicks (trainers!) and what were they?
The first sneakers I remember buyin were theJordan 2 & 3 in the all white with the red & black. They gon' be re-releasing these next march too, so I'm definitly gon' have to cop my some more!..I also remember my moms buyin me a pair of lilac Chuck taylor's when I was mad young!

When did you figure out you wanted to be a rapper and what artists had an influence on you when growing up in England?
There was something about Eazy E & NWA that really drew me in growin up, I was obviously growin up in totally different cicunstances than them but I loved the way they used they words so freely, and the contraversial attitude they had, it was something I hadn't heard before in music. I wanted to Rap from quite young, after learnin all they lyrics and spittin them in the mirror (yea a funny sight huh, this lil' white girl in England spittin "fuck the police" & "No matter jus don't bite it" lol) alltho I never thought seriously about it untill I met Proof.

How long have you been in New York?
I finally moved out here 4 years ago, living in nyc was something I talked about since, I think since I could actually talk!, lol.. I wish I had took the steps even earlier, but it was a big move to make and I had some ties back in London, with a Label I was signed to, but as soon as I got here I felt like I had came home!

Whats the biggest difference between the music scene in London and in New York?
I don't think there is a lot of difference, especially not in Hip Hop, peoples over there listen to the same shit as they do over here, and at tha same time..
London do have its own underground scene that's more on a "Grime" sound as they call it, I think UK Grime is a cross between Uk Garage and Rap, Artists like Dizze Rascal & So Sold Crew blew up from that. Because of my love for the US, I mainly focused on US Rap, alltho Definitly gotta give Props to my boys SAS (Dipset Euro) they doin they thing out there!

We all saw you on the White Rapper Show. How do you think being on the show affected your career?
I don't think it affected my career in any big way, aside from gaving me that extra exsposure I needed, I wasn't on the show long enough to really give a people a reason or a chance to make up they mind on my talent just based on a reality show.
But it gave me the oppertunity to now capture peoples attention enough for them to listen so what I really got poppin' off!
Everything I am doin now, I was doin before the show, its just now it is so much easier to have (people) stop and notice my movment and what I'm doing, so I'm glad I did the show.

Who is the most exciting person you have collaborated with?
obviuosly hands down Proof, workin with him on music, having his guidence and encouragment, I feel so blessed to have had him in my life for so long.

We saw you played at one of MOB parties, how did you meet the MOB crew?
I actually met Leah, thru a friend (K8) I love her shit, her shirts are Crazy! I had this one shirt they had me wear wit "That Bitch" on it, which caused some shit over another certain female on the show, the shit was hilarious!


Who are your favorite designers?
Haha that's so easy...Dior, Dior, Dior alllll day!..
(Alltho as far as sneakers ... its all about AF1 uptowns 4 me!)

What is your favorite accessory?
Shoes definitly, like most girl Ima mean shoe fanatic!... but I love all accessories, they really make an outfit

How much of your personal style is based on your kicks?
I would say about 95% up, as I always start with my footwear then work my outfit around that!
Shoes/sneakers make the outfit!!

How many pairs of kicks do have at the moment?
I'd say at a guess around 150 pairs... I'm still trying to get the rest shipped from the UK, they in storage at my moms!

Whats your favorite pair?
I gotta say these bright pink on pink snakeskin high tops I got at the Slauson Swap Meet, I never seen anybody with them since, ever!
Everytime I get out to LA, I have to go to the sawp meets in Slauson, Compton and Inglewood.. You can get the ill kicks out there u can't get in NY!

You have an Album dropping soon?
yes! Its half way done right now, alltho my single is ready, its called "my Dior" wit a B side "Paid a Grip" , my friend and video Director Scenario (who shot the latest Fabolous, Red Cafe, G Unit videos) is about to shoot my video for Paid a Grip, that's gon' be hot!

Any shout outs?
Yea, I wanna shout out you, Shanan 4 this interview!, my Team 'Crown Jewels' - Tre Little & Cha Cha. And Law, my Girls at Kitty Radio, Mike Shorey, Scenario,Princess from Crime Mobb, Juelz Santana, Paul Wall and Too Short! What up!

No comments: