Friday, October 17, 2008

Trip Down Memory Lane: 9th grade Wardrobe



So as I was listening to old song by this girl name Latrelle, I started thinking about my Freshman year in High School. All the tomfoolery & mayhem that I got into and the horrible things I used to wear. Like for instance, while everybody was cutting school for the new Jordan release, I was in class thinking about the most basic, simple sneaker in the world the Air Force 1 aka the uptown. I didn't want to not be like the hypebeasts of 2001 and the fact that I couldn't afford them at the time made it an even another reason for not having a pair. I was a very picky 14 year old cause if you bought me anything that wasn't an AF1 you had to take it back. They had to be all black or crisp white. I guess at the time if you didn't have a pair of Jordan's the next best thing was the AF1. The funniest thing that comes to mind is the AF1 is one of my most hated sneakers now. That early creasing in the front ugh!!! It just makes make cringe just thinking about it.

Another thing that crossed my mind was the Lil Mo' braids all the girls rocked (including your truly minus the blue coloring) you know the ones from the superwoman video.



With the matching Ghetto Fabulous nails and the 10 rings on each finger:

And to top it off I had some embellishment jeans or some with really bad whiskering (gold at that) across the front with the matching denim jacket. You couldn't tell me nothing!!!

As I reflect back there are still some of signature looks from the 9th grade that I still rock. Like my nails they are not as crazy and long but they are out there sometimes. And the fact that I still to this day I'm not a Jordan head. My sneaker choices now have matured (Thank God!!) and I have learned its ok to have variety. But all in all I'm glad I grew up.

images:
www.eCrater.com
www.flickr.com
www.pickyourshoes.com

No comments: