Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sneaker Galaxy "Le Femme Sole" Interview

Since I'm getting excited for my upcoming trip to NYC for the Sneaker Galaxy show (May 1st!), I thought I'd do a little interview with the 2 ladies who are bringing it to us: La Don, "Fashion Revolutionaire", and Ayanna Ginns, "Professional Dreamer", both founders of Le Femme Sole.


Why start in New York? Why end in Miami?

Well New York is where Hip Hop and the street culture
thrives. It is also where we both built our foundation
as young artists and professionals. To build anything
long lasting the foundation has to be strong. So we decided
to make our foundation in the concrete jungle!
As for Miami, I always said I would bring back nothing
but funk to south florida. I’m ready to return back home
with the best event south florida has yet to see......
What are you most excited to find in this new
"Sneaker Galaxy"?
We are excited to find true art from artists
who are hungry andinspired by life.

When did you start loving kicks? Can you remember
your "first love"?
La Don: My addiction started when I was 6. My dad owned
a sneaker store and always came home with dope kicks. I
did not fall in love with kicks until the Ken Griffeys.
Ayanna: My addiction started when the Huaraches came out.
My big Bro had a size 8 and I was a 4,so I would stuff
the toe with paper so I can wear them. I fell in love with
the Bo Jacksons as well.
There are sneaker parties everywhere you look. What makes
the Sneaker Galaxy something not to miss??
Sneaker Galaxy is a charity art exhibit. This particular
tour is about the culture that made rocking a fresh pair
of kicks meaningful. It’s about bringing back these elements
that are lost today and helping our community. We love
those sneaker parties; they're a lot of fun! Sneaker
Galaxy is actually inspired from all of those events. But
for us to be something different and give everyone something
new,we can't compare ourselves to something that already
exists.
Anything else you want female sneaker fiends to know?
We hope to bring something refreshing and new to this culture
and at the same time stay true. Change is something that's
always colorful and without you ladies, our voice wouldn't be
as loud.


La Don at Sneaker Pimps NYC

P.S. Yes, you will be able to buy FSF t-shirts at the event!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the website.
imma spread the word about this hidden treasure around texas. oh yeah, i like your hair. its really cool. keep it up

alicia corbin

Anonymous said...

Keep doing yo thing, Love Always!!!!!!!!! TC

Trey23 said...

Ginns keep doing ya thang. God Bless.....Love Always!!!
TC