Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hi's and Low's

The design range is full of them, as well as my last few weeks. I've been caught cursing my attempted two perfect shoes, as well as grinning like a Cheshire Cat.

I finally took the leap of faith and picked my colourways and materials.

I've been attempting to stitch to perfection, this took a little longer than anticipated!

I managed it- well almost- there are a few minor mis-demeanors, but overall the desired effect has been reached on one of the the sneakers. The other one is fine. When you've been doing it so long, and staring at it you see all the niggling faults!

One big frustration and one of the things that could have been anticipated if I had tested my materials properly, is the finish of my printed leather. It's started to flake!

This is a bit annoying as the colours are no longer vivid, but if professional printing had been employed this could have been avoided. Oh for the want of peasss.$$ And a bit more time, I would like to make this sneaker again.

Then there's the everlasting problem of the sole! Once again it's been a close call to mashing it all up, only mildly avoided with distraction techniques of not rushing it, finding another job to do and taking three days to make sure all edges are glued tight to the bottom of the upper.

One big thing I'm learning right now- patience is a virtue.

I've started my photoshoot- this is gonna be some funny ish once its been photoshopped- a few things feel out of place...

And yes, I have given away a pair of box-fresh vintage Nike Flare's in exchange for a couple 'make your Illustrator drawings look super-dope' sessions.

9 days till hand-in.

No comments: