Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I AM PART OF HISTORY!!!!


Ladies & Gents! Boys & Girls! Dogs & Cats!!! I JUST VOTED!!!!! AND LET ME TELL YOU..IT FELT SOOOOOOO GOOOOD!!!!! I had to be at work this morning at 6am so I could not do it this morning. While I was at work all I kept thinking about was casting my ballot for Obama and history! After the event that I worked, a co-worker and I had to pick up a truck in Northern New Jersey and GOT LOST!!! I was freaking out because I still had to do a report once I got back to my office! I got back to the office around 4pm, finished the report by 6pm, and started to help my co-worker get ready for our event tomorrow when...our van started to act like it was on strike!!! I then had to call our fleet manager and troubleshoot what was wrong with our recently serviced van, which took another half hour!!!! Once we got the van back on point, I then turned to my co-worker and told her we had to go! I had to drive her home because she didn't drive in, and she lives in Manhattan while I live at the top of The Bronx!!! Once I dropped her off and told her to go straight to the polls, I hit 70mph on the FDR Drive to get to the polls myself! All I kept seeing in my head were those long lines televised all week from the early voting states and said to myself, "Self, we are about to be part of history! No matter how long that line is we are going to stand on it, make new friends, chat with old friends, and LIKE IT!" Well, when I arrived on my block around 8:15pm, I was met with surprise..NO LINE!! Whew! I just rushed myself on in there with a smile and told the lady my name so I could finally make it happen! Folks..today was probably the most memorable day in my life..better than any birthday or holiday I can remember. This election means so much to me and millions of others..I could not and did not let anything stand in my way!

1 comment:

Frank Sider said...

U did well Fetti
congratulation for your vote & your blog...that is cool
i'm a sneaker designer from france and also a motorcycle rad
here is my blog :
http://southsiders-mc.blogspot.com