Tuesday, July 17, 2007

tired of flirting with the industry!


hey all,
So how many folks out there have done some form of internet dating? It always starts out full of possibility--there are so many cuties out there, lots of fun emails or IMs, some hot dates... but then a few months later you're jaded, tired of small talk, wishful about someone who didn't work out, pissed about the one who left you the bill or feeling bad about that sweetie who would be perfect...for someone else!
Well, as the founder of femalesneakerfiend, I'm worn out from flirting with the sneaker industry. I need to cancel my subscription and take some time off. I need to stop flirting with the sneaker companies who like my ideas but who really just want to sleep with men, I need to stop giving the time of day to folks who like to holler but are just hot air.
Now I see why Retrokid almost retired prematurely! Now I see why Rob Heppler curses when he talks about the industry, why Ladykickz has been down for months, why "for girls only" just took 2 months off...sometimes it's just too much! Too much hype, too much coolness, too much baloney.
But don't worry, I'm far from out for the count. I get inspiration and breaks thanks to having a wonderful network of brilliant, energetic FSFers who rep us on the streets, online and at the parties, and I get new energy every day from teens who keep me smiling with their newfound love of kicks. And of course I will always be true to my love of the beautiful sneakers themselves. (Okay, even some of the kicks these days are too ugly to date, and some think they're too cool to touch the ground, but some are fly as hell!)
But for now, Mr. Sneaker Industry, let's just be friends.

No comments: