Monday, November 8, 2010

Reebok x Hello Kitty PT-20

With so many brands collaborating with Hello Kitty these days, we shouldn't have been surprised about the plush joints Fetti posted a couple weeks ago. Now, Reebok have released another HK sneaker: the PT-20 "International Travel Kitty".  Don't get it twisted, I've always loved Hello Kitty but I'm feeling like Reebok really needs to step their female sneaker game up. 

I'm all about Freestyles so I was glad to see the new MOB "Double Bubble".  I've heard some fiends are not feeling the extra bubble but like it or not, it's something new that hasn't been done before.  I  appreciate the design innovation.  Seeing sneaker brands doing the same designs and concepts is boring.  Does the female sneaker market really need another Hello Kitty sneaker?

But all collabs aside, where's Reebok's heat? I loved the World Tour collection but that was released 2 years ago. To quote Kanye, "Reebok, baby you need to drop some new things." Let's hope they're doing just that and working on something fresh for us. Without further ado, here are the new PT-20 designs. Not feelin' it. What do you think?

No comments: