Monday, January 7, 2008

People are animals when it comes to trainers…

A small observation made whilst working Christmas time at a trainer store in London, in a bid to gather the pennies to fund my project.
It’s incredible to think that instead of spending time with family and friends, eating and getting festively drunk trainer consumers would rather be bracing the cold and ploughing through the hustle and bussle of the West End in a bid to snap up a bargain pair. They were complete animals! At the end of the day it was as if a swam of locusts had devoured the displays, and not given a damn about the presentation of products for their fellow shoppers. Tissue paper and shoe fillers were discarded with disgust, as trainers couldn’t be tried on quick enough.

Fair play to y'all, if I had the money I would have been there wrestling through to get the attention of an assistant with the best of you. And failing to find my size, I would have thrown a tantrum to match any two year olds. Seems the only man that understood this head spinning experience was a fellow retail worker, who told me to take the weight off and have a seat. Shame my boss wasn’t that man…

It would appear that the trainer market is far from declining into economic turmoil as the shop smashed the targets that were up 25% from last year.
Looks like I’m in the right market as I also noticed an increase of disgruntled female shoppers with small feet. Here's to hoping 2008 and beyond is ready for the ladies.

Remember, trainers are life not just for Christmas

No comments: