Thursday, January 10, 2008

a few thoughts on thinking

I'm not bragging, cuz I don't think as much as I should, but that won't stop me from complaining for a minute. How come when big brands with plenty of creative resources (and good minds) want to appeal to women, they get dull and brain dead? After decades of ladies = pink, we've moved on to ladies = handbags and ladies = stilettos (see entries below). Come on adidas and nike! We can do better. (but I do like that buttery black adidas lo) And while I'm critiquing, those Reebok Valentine's lows smack of a design session like, "Yo, Nike just slaps on some hearts and everybody buys those AF1s. We should do that!" Sorry Reebok...didn't work.

On a different note, one of our loyal readers would like y'all to know about a party tonight, including DJ Funkmaster Flex, a reknowned sneakerhead himself. Have fun.

No comments: