Wednesday, August 25, 2010

West Coastin' Once Again

It's no secret that I've got mad love for the City of Angels. I consider it my second home. To celebrate my birthday, I couldn't think of anywhere I'd rather be. So, I jumped a plane from Toronto to LA on Thursday and lived it up in the sunshine until Monday. The highlight of my trip was definitely Rock the Bells. More specifically, A Tribe Called Quest's set.

Here's a little sample:
| Sidebar: I filmed this on my iphone, plus we were pretty far back due to the fact I'm getting old and can no longer tolerate pushy crowds. Oh, and the footage is shaky because there was no way I could stand still during that performance. |



Although it was a short trip, I made time to get my shopping game up. I hit up Fairfax and stopped in at Supreme, Undefeated, Diamond Supply Co. (where Wiz Khalifa just so happened to be) and then dipped into SURU on Melrose.


There I picked up a signed copy of Estevan Oriol's LA Woman. S/O to Lynnica who was holding down shop that day. I told her I'm FSF crew and she told me she's on the forums! The next time you're in LA, stop by the shop, say what's up to Lynnica - she's a total sweetheart! Plus, the store is dooope!


You already know I didn't leave the city empty handed, right? Happy born day to me!

3 comments:

$A$ the Great said...

Dope!! :) and btw Crowds of people suck! lol

Anonymous said...

Fantastic web site, I had not noticed femalesneakerfiends.blogspot.com earlier during my searches!
Carry on the fantastic work!

LYNNICA said...

Thanks for the shout out girl!! Glad you had fun on your birthday! Don't forget to hit up the shop again the next time you're to Cali! =) Take Care!